The State of Contingent Workforce Management 2021: A Future of Work Exchange Study
Friday, August 27, 2021
“82% of businesses expect an increase in the utilization of non-employee labor in the next 12 months.”
Ardent Partners, a premier research an advisory firm for procurement, has released a new independent research report for 2021 on the state of contingent workforce management – with critical insight on how organizations can thrive amid consistently changing and highly uncertain post-pandemic market conditions.
Here are a few key recommendations from the report:
- Embrace the agile workforce as a means of tapping into top-tier talent and fostering enterprise flexibility. 82% of businesses expect an increase in the utilization of contingent labor in the next 12 months.
- Develop a strategy to boost the impact of direct sourcing and talent pools. Real workforce agility is developed through dynamic outlets of talent that can be engaged in a real-time and on-demand way.
- Harness the power of artificial intelligence (“AI”) to aid in digital recruitment, work optimization, and contingent workforce management. AI can be a powerful augmentative tool for identifying enterprise skills gaps, designing repeatable talent outreach and talent nurture communication, fostering talent rediscovery and redeployment strategies, and removing bias in talent acquisition and recruitment capabilities.
- Develop the ideal “worker-to-workplace environment”. 89% of businesses expect that more of their workers and teams will operate in a remote or virtual setting over the next 18 months. Business leaders should continue to experiment over the next several months and track what is working, what is helpful for productivity, and how the workforce responds to these new environments.
- Focus on empathy as a core tenet to business leadership. As the competition for talent remains tight, business leaders should develop an inclusive workplace culture that encourages and prioritizes the human connections between leaders and their staff.
- Inject diversity, equity, and inclusion into all talent- and work-led initiatives. Businesses must formulate work- and talent-based strategies around becoming an inclusive enterprise while developing a diverse culture that is open to new and innovative voices and candidates
Workforce Loqiq is pleased to sponsor this report as part of our ongoing commitment to deliver expert guidance to our client partners.
Preview the Report
See how your organization aligns with Best-in-Class contingent workforce management benchmarks.
Download the Full Report