We are Committed to Ethical AI
Workforce Logiq has helped hundreds of companies recruit, retain and manage their full-time and contingent workforces. That means we’ve also helped match hundreds of thousands of individuals with contingent and full-time employment opportunities they may not otherwise have found.
One area we invest in to connect employers and talent at scale — faster and more cost-effectively — is advanced technology, including artificial intelligence and machine learning. And as with any technological advancements, their power must be deliberately and carefully marshalled in order to ensure positive impacts for employers—and the individuals they recruit.
Specifically, this means we are committed to a strict set of data science guidelines:
- We perform 4-part validated discrimination testing (plus annual retesting), designed and reviewed with outside counsel to:
1. Ensure parameters are free of bias;
2. Review historical data for any hidden bias;
3. Audit results for any statistically significant disparate impact; and
4. Track how users utilize the AI results.
- Privacy and data protection are designed into our solutions and infrastructure from the beginning—and regularly audited and updated.
- We do not include candidate-level social media, online search history, or other personal, non-public information; we also do not use facial recognition technology as inputs into our algorithms.
- If an individual or organization determines that their profile may be incomplete or that inferred or factual information about him or her or their company is incorrect, he or she may propose an addition or a correction.
- We are compliant with relevant data privacy regulations, including CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) in the United States, and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in the European Union.
- Our internal processes encourage feedback and criticism on any and all aspects of our solutions and technologies, including a global anonymous hotline number on which to report any concerns, including those associated with our data science and data privacy approach.
- Our Key Science and Industry Advisors provide independent perspectives on our use of data science and algorithms.
- Above all, we will continue to carefully listen, seek feedback and evolve our business and practices as the market evolves, so that we are at the forefront of ethical AI.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Realizing that the world’s natural resources are limited and fragile, Workforce Logiq considers environmental protection to be consistent with our overall goals and values and an important consideration in our total activities. This commitment to environmental protection is reflected in our policies, programs, and practices for conducting operations in an environmentally and economically responsible manner.
Environmental Protection Policy
Environmental protection is the responsibility of every Workforce Logiq employee. Our environmental protection policy addresses aspects of Workforce Logiq’s operations, which can potentially impact the environment.
Workforce Logiq shall seek to:
- Conduct our operations in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards concerning environmental protection and provide a mechanism for self-monitoring to ensure compliance and continual improvement.
- Establish corporate environmental objectives and targets relevant to the environmental impacts of our activities and a means to measure progress toward these objectives. These objectives and targets shall be reviewed and revised as necessary on an annual basis.
- Continually improve environmental management policies, programs, and performance based on the results of our periodic reviews, regulatory developments, customer needs, technical developments, scientific understanding, and community expectations.
- Minimize the environmental risks to our employees and the communities in which we operate.
- Promote employee awareness of environmental concerns, actions, and responsibilities.
- Promote the adoption of environmental protection goals and practices by contractors and suppliers acting on behalf of Workforce Logiq, strongly encouraging improvements in our contractors’ and suppliers’ practices to make them consistent with those of the company.
- Conduct Workforce Logiq’s activities with consideration of the efficient use of energy and materials.
- Reduce and, where possible, eliminate waste through recycling, and handle and dispose of all waste through safe and responsible methods.
- Assess the environmental condition of property interests that are acquired by Workforce Logiq and appropriately address the environmental impacts caused by these properties.
- Ensure that the Workforce Logiq executive staff is fully informed about pertinent environmental issues and Workforce Logiq’s Environmental and Sustainability Policy.
Additional Technology Considerations
- Commitment to Paperless Operations
- Paperless Time and Expense Processes
- Electronic File and Document Storage
- Live Check Reduction
Additional Physical Office Considerations
- Movement-Activated Light System
- Paper Recycling
- Computer Energy Use Reduction
- Equipped Kitchen
- Near-Paperless Sales and Marketing Materials
Green-Certified Office Facility
The Workforce Logiq corporate office is located in a Green-Certified (ENERGY STAR®) facility in downtown Orlando, FL. The following description demonstrates the Workforce Logiq commitment to environmental awareness in all facets of our operations including property location management:
The ENERGY STAR is the national symbol for energy efficiency in America. The energy performance of commercial and industrial facilities is scored on a 1-100 scale and those facilities that achieve a score of 75 or higher are eligible for the ENERGY STAR, indicating that they are among the top 25% of facilities in the country for energy performance Commercial buildings that have earned the ENERGY STAR use on average 35% less energy than typical similar buildings and generate one-third less carbon dioxide.